Dear Aidan Families,
Thank you for partnering with us in 2020 to keep our community safe by being honest about any symptoms and keeping children home when they were unwell. As we return to in-person learning, I would like to reiterate how important it is that anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19, is positive for COVID-19, or has any symptoms congruent with COVID-19 should not attend school and follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC and their doctor.
We must all do our part to keep all of our community safe and our classrooms operational. Please continue to be honest and up-to-date on the information being put into the Magnus App each morning, as we rely heavily on that information.
A refresher on some of our policies around COVID-19:
- Any student or teacher who goes home for symptoms of COVID-19 must be accompanied by any other family members who attend/work at Aidan as well. For example, if a child is sent home with a fever, any siblings at the school will be sent home as well.
- Anyone who is considered a ‘close contact’ of someone positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed to return to the school for at least 14 days.
- Any student being sent home for symptoms of COVID-19 must be picked up from the school within 30 minutes
- Any student who has stayed home or goes home with symptoms of COVID-19 will be encouraged to go to their primary health care provider to seek advice on what to do next.
- If the doctor determines that the child has an alternate diagnosis to COVID, we will require a signed doctor's note be brought into the Nurse, or that the doctor’s office give the Nurse a phone call, to confirm the alternate diagnosis. These steps have to be made before a child is able to return to the building
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me!
202-387-2700 or email@example.com