On Monday, we announced that we would be partnering with FiveMedicine to conduct baseline COVID testing for all staff members and students planning to return for in-person learning beginning November 9.
Testing will take place on Aidan’s main campus on Monday, November 2 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
In order to conduct the testing as safely and efficiently as possible, we ask that families and staff register for specific time-slots prior to November 2. Please follow the registration steps in order to secure your spot and review the information below for additional details.
Register for Testing
- Go to www.fivemedicine.com
- Select "Book An Online Appointment"
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Aidan Montessori Staff/Students Only"
- Sign up for an available slot. The slots are in 30-minute increments, and you can arrive at any time inside of your 30-minute window. For example, if you sign up for the 1:00 PM. slot, you may show up any time between 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM. Spots are limited and may fill up so we encourage you to register early.
- Check for an email confirming your appointment time. This process is done manually and it may take up to 24 hours to receive this confirmation email. Within this confirmation email you will be provided with a link to fill out the online Patient Intake form with demographic and insurance information. (FiveMedicine will bill your insurance company. If your insurance company does not cover the cost, Aidan will pay for the test.)
- Submit the intake form and save a pdf version for your records and to bring on Monday.
Additional Things to Note
- When inputting information in the patient intake forms please input the information of the individual receiving the test (e.g. if your child is getting tested, input the child's information on the intake form, not the parent's information.)
- When you register, you will receive a second email confirming your appointment. This is not an automated process, so we ask for your patience as FiveMedicine manually confirms each appointment - this could take up to 24 hours.
- Patients should bring a printed copy of their Patient Intake form complete with demographic and insurance information. If you do not fill out all your demographic and insurance information, you will be asked to step out of line so as not to delay the process. FiveMedicine is unable to provide testing if your information is not accurate and in the system.
- Lab results will be sent from the following email address: <firstname.lastname@example.org> approximately 24-48 hours after testing.
On Testing Day
- Everyone being tested should bring a photocopy of their ID, Insurance Card, and copy of your Patient Intake Form (if you are able to print it). For minors being tested, FiveMedicine will need a copy of the parent's ID, Insurance Card and Patient Intake Form.
- Testing will take place on the blacktop on Aidan's campus.
- When you arrive at Aidan, please park your car and come to main entrance area of the School. People will enter the testing area through the small playground gate next to the main steps on 27th Street. The testing area will be clearly marked.
- It should not take more than a few seconds to administer the test, but you may need to wait in line for some time.
- After the test has been administered, people will exit the testing area using the Woodley Road gate.
- After your child has been tested, it is important to continue to be vigilant. Avoiding exposure by staying in the area, wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, and washing hands frequently is vitally important in the lead-up to our return to campus.
About the Test
The test that FiveMedicine will be administering are the PCR mid-nasal tests. They are not as uncomfortable or invasive as the posterior nasal tests. FiveMedicine has assured Aidan that the mid-nasal tests are the ‘gold standard’ of testing and are pediatric-friendly. Nurse Lexi will be onsite for the entirety of the testing time to help facilitate and answer any questions. You should receive your results in 24-48 hours after the testing. The results will also be sent by the company to Nurse Lexi, so you will not have to submit your results to anyone.
Can I get tested elsewhere?
If you are unable to make it to the testing on November 2, then it is then your responsibility to get testing done prior to returning to Aidan in person. Proof of a negative test result should be emailed directly to Nurse Lexi before your child attends in-person classes the week of November 9 or 16.
What if I or my child have been tested recently?
We encourage all staff and students to attend the testing on November 2 even if you’ve been tested recently to help us establish a baseline. However, if you are unable to attend on Monday, then testing should be completed between November 1-6.
What if my child does not start until November 16?
Whether your child is Pod A or Pod B, all students are required to have testing completed by November 6 and we strongly encourage you to attend the testing on November 2.
What are FiveMedicine’s privacy policies?
FiveMedicine is required by law to maintain the privacy of private health information (PHI). They are also required to provide you with notice of their legal duties to protect your PHI and their privacy practices. You will receive access to this information during the sign-up process, and you can read more about their privacy practices here.
If you have any other questions, please contact Nurse Lexi at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance and we look forward to seeing you on Monday, November 2 for testing.