- Doesn’t tuition cover all of Aidan's annual operating expenses?
- What does The Aidan Fund support?
- Who supports the Aidan Fund?
- How can I get involved?
- In addition to The Aidan Fund, what are other ways to support the school?
- How much should I give to these efforts and which ones should I support?
Participation in the Aidan Fund provides vital, unrestricted resources needed for our educational program, faculty development, Montessori materials, and financial aid.
In the recent years, examples of what these funds have provided include the Aidan Bus, a new security system allowing a 360 degree view of the building, new chairs, desk, shelving and lockers for the classrooms, and building and playground upgrades.
Parents, the Board, faculty, staff, alumni, grandparents, and many members of the school’s community contribute to the Aidan Fund. We are grateful to each and every donor who makes a gift. We seek 100% participation from our faculty, staff and families because it demonstrates to potential donors and grantors that our community is 100% supportive of what we do at Aidan. Every gift—no matter the size—makes a difference.
When our volunteers contact you during the year and ask you to participate, please make a donation or a pledge. Many foundations and corporations look at the percentage of our community supporting the school as they consider their gift to us. So it’s not the amount you give that matters, but your participation.
- Give today! You can make an outright gift at any time or make a pledge payable by June 30 of the current fiscal year. Aidan can accept gifts of cash, check, credit card, stock and other marketable securities. You can also access our secure, online giving site 24 hours a day, using your debit or credit card. This convenience is quick and easy to use. It also eliminates the need for envelopes, stamps or checks. If you are considering some other kind of non-cash gift such as appreciated stock or real estate, just call us. We are prepared to facilitate those gifts as well: 202-332-2732. For more details about making your gift, please contact email@example.com or see our Ways to Give page.
- See if your company has a matching gift program. Matching gifts double the effectiveness of your dollars. Please ask your HR department if the program is available where you sign up. If you need assistance with the forms, please don’t hesitate to call us at 202-332-2732.
- You can also help by sharing with others the vision and purpose of The Aidan Fund.
- Annual Auction to Support Financial Aid
- Easy giving (ex. Amazon, grocery stores, and special offers from boutiques)
- Book Fair which supports our main and classroom libraries.
- Community service projects (ex. Toiletry drive, used books drive, feed the homeless, Adopt a block)
- Volunteer in your child(ren)'s classroom (read; share a tradition)
The Parent Association also raises money for a variety of school programs and events. These fundraisers, such as the Book Fair, help to support the Library, the Spring Picnic, and end-of-the-year celebration for teachers. Through community service projects, Aidan gives back to those who are less fortunate and teaches our children service to others as part of the Montessori curriculum.
Only you and your family can determine how much to give, but we hope that you will be as generous as possible. We also understand that not every family can contribute to every effort. We encourage you to make participation in Annual Giving a priority and hope that you will support the school’s other efforts to the best of your family’s ability. We are grateful for each and every gift no matter how large or small.